Have you thought about what is lurking in your closet? Do you zoom by it and grab the first thing you see sticking when getting dressed? How about slamming it shut when you have guests coming over since it is such a mess?
If any of these scenarios sound familiar, then it is time to get up off the couch, put down the Ben and Jerry’s, and just get to it. Closet organizing is something that gets put on the TO -DO list,but for some reason it always gets pushed down to the bottom. Does that sound about right?
Closet cleaning can be an emotional experience for some. Seeing your life played out in front of you through your wardrobe can be thought provoking. Many want to hold on to certain pieces of clothing especially if they represent a time in their life when they were the happiest. I have seen this with both men and women. There is such a strong attachment to items,that getting rid of certain garments can be a sobering experience.
So be Brave and Bold! Ask yourself these 7 questions below. In my upcoming posts I will give you more specifics on some great closet organizing tips. This may be an “inch by inch” process, so I will take it slow.
- Do you have clothes hanging in the closet that you say “I will lose the weight, and wear again”?
- Do the clothes in your closet sing to your true personality and lifestyle (not literately…but you know what I mean).
- Do you have garments that are missing buttons, that are torn, have worn-out elastic, stained beyond help and just simply look…exhausted?
- Do you have multiple garments on hangers, and not really to sure what lies beneath?
- How many tacky, polyester bridesmaid dresses, sequined mini skirts or triple pleat slacks are lurking? Are you counting yet?
- Are the wool suits crammed next to the linen shirts and sundresses etc?
- Have your favorite shoes gone M .I .A ? Or even worse, you can only find one!
If you said yes, to most of these questions, then get yourself ready for your closet safari to begin. Be armed, be ready, and face the fierce and the fabulous.