I often review these points in corporate presentations. Always a good refresher read.
• Hair that is too long or too elaborate trashes your business image because others focus on your hair instead of you. Keep your hair clean, simple, and up-to-date
• Keep those beards and moustaches neat, trimmed, and sparkling clean. Keep a watchful eye on the unruly eyebrows, ear, nose, and errant hairs and take care of them every day
|Nice hands and nails|
• Breath mints, breath strips, a travel brush, and toothpaste- keep them handy and use them! In business and social situations, nothing is nicer than clean, sweet breath. Keep your teeth ship-shape and shiny. Beautiful, white teeth look young, healthy and full of life.
• Extremely long, garishly colored, or chipped,bitten nails are not stylish or professional. Clients do notice your hands. Keep their attention where you want it by making sure your hands, cuticles and nails are well groomed and attractive.
• Cologne, perfume, make-up, and hair products all have a strong impact on your appearance … More is not always better! Remember appeal to the widest number of people possible- so avoid ‘scent’ extremes
• Touchy subject. Everyone smells, but some more strongly than others. Our body chemistry often reacts differently with fabrics, so keeping your clothes clean is as important as cleaning your body
• Clothing can hold odors in addition to your ‘personal scent’. Cigarette and cigar smoke, restaurant and food odors can live on your skin and your clothing fibers. Air out often.